The PresidentIial candidate of USA 2016 Mr. Donald Trump said “When Mexico (meaning the Mexican Government) sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you (pointing to the audience). They’re not sending you (pointing again). They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs.They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people! But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.”.
As long as the Ethiopia menaing the Ethiopian government is sending people with not so much problem as the ones listed above the USA government will praise Ethiopia’s government nomatter what. If we start hearing the arrival of many Ethiopians with problems from Ethiopia migrating to USA the view of the government of USA will change and will start speaking against the current government..
@ Benyam Yohannes,
What is your point? What you want to say is not clear.
It is in deed a huge disappointment. Below is how I describe my disgust about the visitation and its outcome. Please read on
What do woyanes/TPLF get from president Obama’s visitation?
Well, he called the regime that came to power through the barrel of the gun and “win” elections 100% in a row since then, “democratically elected”. That’s it. This is exactly what woyanes/TPLF have been waiting and wanting for years to be labeled as and now they got it during his visit more than any time.
He also told woyanes/TPLF that, “… And we are opposed to any group that is promoting the violent overthrow of a government, including the government of Ethiopia that has been democratically elected”. Is this not one of the biggest and best gifts to woyanes/TPLF from President Obama?
If those statements of the President do not embolden woyanes/TPLF, nothing will.
What did the Ethiopian people get from President Obama’s visit in comparison with the regime in power?
Practically nothing. President Obama and his administration are not even willing to admit the 100% win is undemocratic in first place and hence the government in power. On top of this, Ethiopians cannot fight the regime in a manner it fits them (armed struggle, civil disobedience, mass protest) to bring political change to their country. Basically, he wants to see Ethiopians ruled over by woyanes/TPLF for many more years to come.
Finally, Ethiopians are given what we did not ask for in the first place. It is like, take or leave it. This shows that, we and only we are the ones who will determine our fate and not anyone who lecture us on democracy in the most ridiculous and pathetic manner.
President Obama, Susan Rice, US administration, etc., please stop making jokes on 80 million Ethiopians! We also deserve the human dignity and democracy you love to talk about.
Yes, absolutely no question, it was disappointing.
OBAMA’S SCANDALOUS ADVENTURE
Obama’s visit to East Africa and his public rhetoric is full of scandals.
Because, most of Africa’s notorious dictatorial regimes were supported and are still getting political, financial and military support from the USA and its Westerners neocolonialists.
To substantiate this argument:
1. Burkina Faso’s ex-dictator ruler, Blaise Compaoré came to power in 1987, in a bloody coup d’état by assassinating the popular president Thomas Sankara. The French government was a complicit of the violent removal of president Sankara, highly considered by millions West African young generation as ‘The Prince of Africa’ or alternatively as ‘The Che Guevara of Africa’ for his revolutionary, anti-imperialist and Pan-Africanist beliefs and deeds.
Blaise compaoré, who ruled the country tyrannically for 27 solid years, was Westerners’ favorite dictator until he was disposed from power by a volcanic popular revolt last year.
2. Hosni Mubarak of Egypt was another westerner’s favorite dictator. He overstayed in power for 30 years enjoying the full military and financial support of the West, particularly the USA.
Consequence: Following the Arab spring chaos, Egypt is still in turmoil. The fight between another military dictatorial government and the radical anti-imperialist militants is tormenting the country endlessly. The inevitable question is, why the West supports a military dictator that came to power by overthrowing a democratically elected president Mohamed Morsi ?
3. On one hand he denounces African dictatorial regimes for clinging on power for decades. At the same time he praises the Woyane tyrannical repressive regime that rules the country with an iron hand for a quarter century as : a ‘democratically elected government’.
4. In 1960, after murdering the truly democratically elected prime minister Patrice Lumumba, the dictator Mobuto Sesseko of Congo ruled the country for more than 30 years with all-round support of USA and its European allies. What does Mr. Obama has to say about that ?
5. The USA ruling elites and their peers supported the Apartheid regime of South Africa during the whole of its existence, until it was forced to sit down and negotiate with the ANC rebels and finally relinquish its power and step down.
6. Mr. Obama campaigns for gay rights, while at the same time claiming that he’s a devoted Christian believer.
7. Americans think they can win the race with china on the African arena by just « talking ». The Chinese build bridges, ports, schools, hospitals, houses (including the OAU’s new multi service sky scraper), while the West supports and arms the dictatorial regimes with deadly weapons that kill people and destroy the nations’ basic infrastructures. China or the West, who is going to win the new scramble for Africa ?
I bet the Westerners can’t. Obviously, they have already lost the competition.
8. The USA is pursuing in Africa the same wrong international relations policy of imperialist interventionism that failed miserably in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere. What is new in East Africa ? The proxy-war in Somalia can’t be different. They can’t win a war by pouring billions of dollars and hiring mercenaries in the horn African region. The real practical solution for the war in Somalia should be left only to the Somali people. The problem there can only be settled through peaceful national dialog among the different Somali political groups. Leave Somalis alone.
9. Talk doesn’t help Africa.
Obama ‘talked’ in a china-built and freely given OAU conference hall complex (not of USA)
If the USA and its cohorts really want to see Africa emerge and come up ; let they stop supporting the repressive regimes ; let they cancel the back-breaking financial debts they imposed on the continent and start offering fair commercial trade and invest in African infrastructure like China.
The Westerners must STOP supporting African dictatorial regimes.
Did you guys forget that President Obama is an image who was empowered by the political establishment for two main reasons: 1) to pacify the Muslim world for the grave mistake done in Iraq by George Bush. Hence, his middle name Hussein, was badly needed. 2) His skin color is also needed in the long run to counter Chinese invasion of Africa.
Therefore, what President Obama advised us is still very important. We have to build very strong and vibrant civil society institutions to get rid of African dictators. It is only doing that that will force the mercenaries to fight their own wars. When we educate our kids not to become cannon fodders, then the Tigreans will be tired of the so called “peace keeping mission” and lose the role they used to have.
@Càlà ; Qanxuu Qaxalee :
I agree. Qanxuu Qaxalee’s conspiracy theory is interesting.
obaman waan fedhe ha jau isiin WBO jabeessu hin dagatina gaafa nuti jabaanne obaman bosonatti dhufe WBO dawata faranjiin duranu gama roobe haakafti.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Oromo protesters have time and hope on their side, the TPLF face gloom and doom
Har’a maaltu taanaan OPDOn afaan biraa dubbachuu jalqabdee?
kejela fekadu on
OCO: Presents New Year 2018 Concert In Washington, DC
Har’a maaltu taanaan OPDOn afaan biraa dubbachuu jalqabdee?
Copyright @ ayyaantuu.net 2015