The Oromo, Ogaden and Ethiopian Community leaders held meeting on 10th of Nov, 2016 in Pretoria, South Africa.
The meeting was attended by the vice-chairman of ONLF Dr. Mohamed Ismail and Mr Hassan Moalin head of ONLF information Bureau and members of OLF, Patriotic G7 and ONLF.
The vice-chairman of ONLF briefed the participants of the meeting on the current political situation in the Horn of Africa with special emphasis on Ethiopia.
The atrocious nature of TPLF throughout Ethiopia was thoroughly discussed. It has been stressed the necessity of joint work against the TPLF tyrannical regime and Communities leaders have expressed their unwavering support and solidarity for the protesters and the struggle against the Woyane regime. They noted that the oppressed peoples in Ethiopia have now reached a tipping point where the crime against humanity perpetrated by the TPLF regime cannot be ignored any more.
After thorough discussions and analysis of the current situation in Ethiopia the participants:
- Call upon all Peoples in Ethiopia to create a firm ground for a unity of purpose and mutual respect. Since for the last twenty-five years TPLF/EPRDF has been tactically instigating discord among all the nations in Ethiopia, the participants urge all the peoples to be aware of the regime’s use of colonial principle of “divide and rule” and resolve any differences in using their traditional mechanisms that allowed them to live together peacefully for millennia.
- Condemn the actions of the Ethiopian regime that is currently playing a destructive and destabilizing role in the Horn of Africa in general and on the peoples under its rule in particular. The Dictatorial regime run by the TPLF is currently using every means at its disposal to silence the quest of people for justice. Freedom of press, civil Societies and independent judiciary are non-existence in this country. The Regular army and Agazi militias are using brute force against innocent Oromo, and Amhara protesters with complete impunity; extra-judicial executions, enforced disappearances, arbitrary mass detentions and harsh prison terms under dubious laws are practiced beyond imagination.
- Highlight the fact that there is massive evidence which shows that the current Tigryan Peoples Liberation Front (TPLF) led regime in Ethiopia, is intensifying the persecution of Amhara, Ogadeni, Oromo, Sidama, Gambella, Benishangul and other nations and nationalities under the dictatorial regime in Addis Ababa, under the ruse of restoring order and peace, while it is the regime that is disturbing the people and livelihood of all peoples in Ethiopia.
- Appeal to the international community to condemn the imposition of Martial Law in Ethiopia and hold accountable TPLF for their crime against humanity in Ethiopia.
- Finally, call upon all peoples in the empire of state of Ethiopia to join in the struggle against the EPRDF regime.
Democracy and freedom shall prevail!